The restoration of 78 Derngate, designed by the world renowned architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh, was based upon
painstaking ressearch and careful reinstatement of lost fabric and detailing. Designed for the toy maker and arts patron W J Bassett Lowke in 1916, Derngate was Mackintosh's last completed commission. The project also included the adaptation of 80 Derngate, an adjoining early 19th century terrace house and garden, into galleries and support accommodation, with a linked connection to 78. The final phase was the transformation of 82 Derngate into an education and museum facility, completed in 2007.
Conservation + Heritage, Culture
78 Derngate Trust
John McAslan + Partners, Architect
Jampel, Davison and Bell, Structural Engineer
Rybka Battle, MEP Engineer
Boyden & Company, Cost Consultant
John McAslan + Partners, Museum Design Consultant
David Bonnett Associates, Access Consultant
William Anelay, Main Contractor
Built in 1846 as a steam engine repair shed, this remarkable building later ...
Museum of Russian Impressionism, Moscow
The practice is on site with its design for an art museum as part of its ...
Museum of Methodism
The site of Wesley's Chapel on City Road contains a rich collection of historic ...
John McAslan + Partners is supporting the design of six Green Line stations ...